Friday 5 March 2021

random thoughts

 Two weeks ago I went back to teacher development workshops. Oh man, how much I missed those 1-hour, 90-minute talks where you listen to other fellow teachers explains tools they use and to listen about TELF. I lost touch with it when Anna got pregnant with her first child, when all the workshops we went to felt pretty irrelevant except those that IH gave on Fridays, paying. I've also found out about Wordwall which immedately became part of my repository of resources to use in class and outside class. 

No only have I attended this handlful of webinars but also been doing a digial-course creation course. Can't say it was easy but I have enjoyed looking at what each click involves. 

Webinars all the time, online. Just wonderful.  Consequently, this has led me to actually get round to learning how to use all the Microsoft Office 365 package at last. also, this has created the need for a community. I miss Thomas and see how he teachers. He's always been more organised and "systematic" than I have and I am jealous. 

On a different note, these few weeks there've been a few clicking moments about French-speaker issues with EFL that might make it easier to teach them. I love it when this happens! Also, I've learned that I've got to find a better way to teach them the present perfect, at low levels. 


No comments: